Promotional - Medical Education
Ready to advance your career? Evolution has an opportunity for you!
Evolution Medical Communications (Evolution) is a full-service medical education company that specializes in developing and executing promotional medical education tactics. Evolution’s mission and strength is to design unique medical communication programs that address the needs of our customers and impact the behavior of health care professionals, resulting in improved patient care. At Evolution, we pride ourselves on being a seamless extension of our customers’ marketing efforts and on developing value-added initiatives that continually exceed their expectations. Guided by strategic insight, medical acumen, and exceptional client service, Evolution specializes in developing and implementing distinct service areas of health care marketing and communications.
Visit our website at www.Evolutionmedcom.com
This role will be responsible for providing both the strategic direction and the hands-on development of exceptionally high-quality medical and scientific content. This position has the overall accountability for all medical and scientific aspects of the finished medical education programs for existing projects.
The ideal candidate is a highly visible individual, engaging in frequent interaction with both clients and internal staff. The MD must act as a close liaison with all other Evolution departments, establish in-depth professional relationships with key customers and participate in the development of new service offerings that take into consideration the needs of Evolution’s pharmaceutical customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the creation of content for various therapeutic areas, including literature searches, creation of outlines, and writing content.
- Review materials (e.g., primary data articles, review articles, abstracts, slide kits, posters, etc.) for scientific accuracy and appropriateness.
- Manage and develop team members by providing leadership, strategic support, motivation and mentoring in order to advance their careers and growth within the company.
- Act as liaison between management, clients, and internal groups.
- Actively participate in brand planning, strategic development and ensure that medical education communication plans have alignment between issues, strategies, and programming.
- Develop direction and content for new business.
- Ensure deliverables are completed and client expectations are met.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group settings to clients, vendors and internal teams.
- Proactively identify business opportunities for new brands/customers that contribute to the strategic growth of Evolution.
- Deliver projects that consistently meet the agreed upon objectives, are within the job specifications as defined by client/team, are technically accurate and are at the appropriate level and tone for the audience.
- Keep informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to clients; Evaluate scientific data regarding the market potential of various therapeutic areas/disease states and assist in the prioritization of areas to pursue.
- Follow and stay up-to-date on the regulations of the AMA, OIG, PhRMA, ACCME and AdvaMed regarding the development of promotional and educational programming.
- Build rapport with the external medical community and customers.
- Create and maintain a reference database for assigned products.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, and other venues as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- PhD required
- Proven client management experience & team development
- On-site in the Pearl River, NY Office
- Work from Home (1 day per week)
- Flexible work schedule
- Great benefits & team environment