Project Coordinator (Promotional – Medical Education)
Reports to: Assoc. Director, Project Coordination and Editorial Services
Job Purpose: The Project Coordinator (PC) is responsible for developing task plans, monitoring task completion, and serving as the central point of contact for Account Services, Creative Services, Medical Services, and Meetings & Events Services. The PC ensures smooth workflow by establishing priorities and following up with each team member throughout all phases of a project. The PC provides updates and is responsible for communicating status of deliverables, both verbally and written, to project stakeholders within the Agency. He/she is expected to provide proactive project coordination and administrative support to his/her assigned account team(s) to ensure efficient and effective routing of projects within agreed to priorities and timelines. The PC fully understands Agency and Client processes and ensures team members adhere to these procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the Assoc. Director, PC and Editorial Services to support the development, review, and management of all project components.
- Route all assigned projects between Account, Medical, Editorial, Creative, and Meetings and Events teams, ensuring internal approvals are obtained.
- Provide daily communication with all internal stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met throughout the project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Project Manager (PM) to establish timelines, based on project scope, and help to keep timelines updated and accurate.
- Manage and organize job folders and project files on the network, ensuring client-provided files are saved in the correct folder; provide links to team members as necessary.
- Develop and distribute daily hot sheets outlining immediate project deliverables, due dates, and team member responsibilities.
- Develop weekly internal status reports and status recaps, paying close attention to ensuring next steps are appropriately captured.
- Organize internal account team meetings, medical team meetings and assist with arrangements for external meetings.
- Understand the “big picture” of each project to be able to help identify potential issues and barriers to project execution.
- Assist in producing project specifications and project kick-off meeting materials.
- Support open lines of communication (written and oral) among all Agency project stakeholders to advise of project progress, shifts in timelines, changes in scope, and/or deliverables.
- Lead the submission and management of content and project-related assets according to the client’s required systems and processes; includes MLR, PRC, MRC, compliance/regulatory reviews.
- Assist with pulling weekly finance reports for account team
- Coordinate with external vendors based on project specifications and needs.
- Support the account team, PMs specifically, with special projects, faculty/advisor communications, and client-related deliverables.
- Execute all aspects of administrative responsibilities (timesheets, status updates, etc.) in appropriately detailed and timely manner.
- Four (4) year bachelor degree.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate proficiency level in the use of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with absolute commitment to quality.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated.
- Ability to participate and interact effectively on team.
- Ability to be flexible and complete multiple tasks while managing a high volume of work.
- Proactive in learning new skills and applying them to project work.
Normal office environment. May require regular after hours evening and weekend work.