Account Director (Medical Communications) team leader responsible for managing new AOR client.
- Must have 3-5 years AM/AAD experience in medical communications to be considered.
Contact us to learn more about joining our dynamic growing team of highly talented individuals.
Job Purpose: To manage the day-to-day client relationships and growth on assigned account(s), as well as, directly oversee all project execution, ensuring that development remains consistent with client objectives/brand strategies and within established scope, budget, and timing parameters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains ongoing positive client relationship, anticipates client needs, and represents the agency on day-to-day client activities.
- Proactively provides client with insights and tactical recommendations aligned with brand strategies, activities, and market trends.
- Conducts regular client status meetings to review work in progress and upcoming needs.
- Understands and supports client compliance/regulatory governances and adheres to guidelines; drives best practices to help improve process/workflow.
- Prepares proposals, project briefs, and concept documents to ensure alignment among client, Evolution, and regulatory requirements.
- Understands the brand strategy and provides the internal team with client expectations and insights throughout the project development process.
- Collaborates with senior medical lead on brand tactics, brand content, and strategic planning.
- Reviews work in development for quality and consistency with a focus on brand strategy and program objectives.
- Liaises with client stakeholders, KOLs, and client agency partners; collaborates with or leads the interactions.
- Supports organic growth.
- Leads the execution team, maintains positive morale, and resolves queries and conflicts in a timely manner.
- Meets regularly with the VP, Account Services on the overall status of assigned accounts, including but not limited to client relationships, project financials, and personnel issues/progress; proactively flags need for strategic/senior-level support.
- Monitors client/agency work experience for continuous improvement; leads and drives agency process among account team and other project stakeholders.
- Interfaces with all agency departments to proactively communicate appropriate account status, brand activities, and related marketing information to ensure effective content development and efficient project workflow.
- Ensures all projects are developed, routed and submitted in accordance with the established agency policies and the specified customers’ process.
- Serves as a team leader to motivate and provide guidance and mentorship to direct reports and account team members.
- Works with the VP, Account Services to manage and prioritize workflow within assigned account and account team, including direct reports.
- Works with VP, Account Services and department heads to proactively plan for high-volume periods and maintain appropriate work prioritization.
- Supports account services team onboarding and training.
- Understands the regulations/guidelines of the AMA, OIG, and PhRMA as related to the development of promotional and educational programming.
- Executes all aspects of administrative responsibilities (timesheets, status updates, etc.) in appropriately detailed and timely manner.
Organic Growth/Business Development
- Has thorough understanding of Evolution core products and service offerings and identifies opportunities for expanding work on assigned accounts.
- Participates in brainstorming sessions to develop ideas to grow and enhance Evolution’s programs and service offerings.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for growth on assigned accounts and develops proposals/SOWs for client consideration.
- Participates in weekly new business planning sessions and communicates status of new business opportunities and pipeline initiatives to the internal team.
- Works with client and internal stakeholders to define project scope of work and develop budgets and track and manage project change orders.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date financials and billings across assigned accounts, based on SOW billing terms/milestones and provides regular financial updates to client and supervisor.
- Clearly communicates budgetary status of all projects on a frequently and timely basis and identifies areas of out-of-scope work.
- Prepares budget amendments, addendums, or scope change documentations and gains client approval.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6-8 years of medical communications agency experience required.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking – strong understanding of brand strategy and ability to read clients’ feedback and identify opportunities for brand/account growth.
- Effective leadership skills in account direction and growth; ability to lead cross-functions teams to develop approaches and deliver tactics that meet our clients’ business goals and strategic plans.
- Proven leadership and management training; 3+ years’ managing a team; ability to coach and develop talent, inspire and drive change, and bring groups together to collaborate effectively.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook, advance proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – ability to clearly communicate in an articulate, straightforward and engaging manner.
- Strong, significant experience as an Account Supervisor or in leading strategic marketing plans, product launch experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability working on a wide range of accounts and therapeutic categories a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, client-driven environment while maintaining composure and instilling a sense of decorum.
- Ability to travel for programs and client locations for meetings as required.
Position located in Pearl River, NY 10965
Flexible work schedule and work from home one day a week
Visit our website at www.Evolutionmedcom.com