Medical Communications – Promotional Medical Education
Are you creative, innovative and results-oriented? Well then look no further! Contact us to learn more about joining our dynamic growing team of highly talented individuals.
Job Purpose: In this role, you will be primarily responsible for developing and editing scientific materials for promotional and/or educational programs, as well as taking a leadership role in establishing and ensuring effective and efficient processes for content development. As a Medical Writer, you will also work closely with Senior Management on other aspects of the content delivery process, from initial scientific and tactical strategy, new business presentations, client communications, faculty identification and outreach, and product and program development, through outcomes assessment and program evaluation. To successfully function as part of the Evolution and broader client teams, it will be necessary to act as a close liaison with all other Evolution departments and to establish in-depth professional relationships with key customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and lead content development from kick-off through final approval of resource, providing ownership of projects through the routing process.
- Participate in client meetings and CMLR for assigned projects and independently acts to incorporate feedback and prepare for submission.
- Review materials from freelance/ junior staff for scientific accuracy and appropriateness.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams (accounts, operations, shared services), and clients to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, advisory boards or other venues as necessary.
- Execute all aspects of administrative responsibilities (weekly timesheets, weekly status updates, maintenance of a calendar in Outlook, etc.) in appropriately detailed and timely manner.
- Actively participate in all internal meetings, including: planning meetings, project kick-off, internal status, client status, and brainstorming meetings.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
Position is on-site five (5) days a week in Pearl River, NY 10965 location.
- An advanced degree in life science is required (e.g., PharmD, PhD, or MD).
- A minimum of one year of medical education or relevant experience in a related field is required for the Medical Writer’s position. Or, a minimum of three years of medical education or relevant experience in a related field for the Senior Medical Writer’s position.
- Proven content development management experience.
- Ability to think creatively, and identify and work to develop unique customer solutions/service offerings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with absolute commitment to quality.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated.
- Ability to participate and interact effectively with team.
- Effectively manage time, multi-task, and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Sample of Therapeutic Areas/Subjects:
- Cardiovascular (CVD, Lipid Management, Hypertension, Metabolic Syndrome)
- Endocrinology (Diabetes, Kidney Disease, Metabolic Syndrome)
- Neuroscience (Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Parkinson’s Disease, ADHD)
- Respiratory (Asthma, COPD)
- Infectious Diseases
- Genetic Disorders (Hereditary Angioedema, Gaucher Disease, Hunter Syndrome and Fabry Disease)
- Women’s Health
- Managed care
Sample of Service Offerings:
- Key Opinion Leader Identification
- Advocacy Development
- Advisory Boards
- Speaker Training and Development Meetings
- Strategic Consulting
- Slide Kit Development
- Meeting and Logistical Services
- Local and Regional Consultant Conferences
- Patient Education
- Teleconferences and Teleconferences-on-Demand
- Website Development
- Webcasts and Webcasts-on-Demand
- E-based Initiatives
- Salesforce Communication
- Managed Care Initiatives
- Publication Planning
- Convention and Logistical Services